The Club Racing Committee is excited to announce that the St. Louis Region SCCA has committed to three race weekends for the 2015 season. So pull out your calendars, save these dates and commit to participating at all three weekends.
SAVE THE DATE
As of now, each weekend consist of a DOUBLE Regional Club Racing event, PDX, Club Trials, a Club Racing Experience and an Alternative Driver’s School. Thanks to EPC (EPCusa.com) and Steve Hamilton, Gateway Motorsports Park will hold test days the Friday of our race weekend.
- Crash-Fire-Rescue Class and Annual Tech – March 21, 2015
- Racing with the STARS – May 16-17, 2015
- Summer SpeedFEST – August 22-23, 2015
- OctoberFAST – October 24-25, 2015
A Note on CFR
Hey StL Region Drivers, we are in need of exhibit vehicles for the Crash, Fire, Rescue event on March 21, 2015. They will be used to present locations for electrical disconnects, fire systems and driver restraints to attendees. There are three vehicle categories: Production, IT/Spec and Formula/P/SRF. Come hang out and loan us your car! -Rachel Jennerjohn, (314)-225-5721, firstname.lastname@example.org.
BE A SPONSOR
We are looking for companies and individuals to sponsor our weekends. Here are some ways a company could get exposure with our racing community. We have over 300 people at our weekends, 2,000+ on our mailing list and over 600 people on our Facebook Page. Here are some suggested levels of sponsorship. Contact Sheila Burkett at email@example.com for more information about becoming a sponsor.
- $5,000 Weekend Sponsor
- $2,500 Race Group or Dinner Sponsor
- $1,000 STARS or Trophy Sponsor
- $500 Volunteer Lunch Sponsor
- $250 Beverage Sponsor (or donation of beer, wine and soda for the weekend.
- $100 Volunteers Donuts Sponsor (or donation of donuts Saturday and Sunday mornings)
- $50 Watering the Workers Sponsor (or donation of 10 cases of water each weekend)
We love to give stuff to our drivers and workers. If you have a company to promote and something to give away, send it over.
VOLUNTEERS MAKE IT POSSIBLE
It takes almost 100 volunteers each weekend to make it possible for everyone to compete and be on the track. We especially need individuals who are interested in being the Race Chair for the WEEKEND.
Specific areas we can use the help include:
- Corner Workers (F&C)
- Tech Inspectors
- Pit and Grid
- Starter Stand
- Pace Car Driver (must meet requirements)
- Registration and Hospitality
- Race Communications
- Paddock Marshals
No Experience Required! Some specialties require you to be over 18 or have a minor waiver on file at SCCA National.
To learn more about volunteering for Club Racing, go to http://roadracing.stlscca.org/workers/ and sign up here: http://roadracing.stlscca.org/workers/club-racing-volunteer.